How To Break Free Of Self Imposed Limits For True Growth
- Friday, November 4, 2011, 7:40
- Leadership Skills, Positive Attitude, Psychology, Self Improvement, Self-Confidence, Self-Esteem, Women Empowerment, Women's Interests
- Add a comment
By Karen Fagan
Self-imposed limits are a result of our own thinking based on past conditioning. They are boundaries we have set in our minds about what we cannot be, do, have or achieve. These limits are not real; they only exist in our minds.
If you’re frustrated with self-imposed boundaries and feel fully ready to expand your life, I encourage you to identify your self-imposed limits. Once you know what they are, you can free yourself from restrictions. You will also experience something profound – your hidden potential from within.
Self-imposed limits feel constricting and depressing. They often sound like the following
• It easier for others than it is for me because ______ (fill in the blank).
• I shouldn’t state my truth because I will hurt peoples feeling or people won’t like me.
• I am too old to even try now.
• I shouldn’t risk it; it could take too long and be too much work.
• I’ll never earn much money. No one in my family has ever made over $75,000 per year.
• I don’t have the time to “just do it.” I am too busy.
• I can’t publish a book; I am not a professional writer.
• I don’t have enough time or money.
• I am so overwhelmed.
• It’s better to play it safe.
Self-imposed limits are false restrictions we place upon ourselves that stop us from taking further action and turning our dreams into reality. Imagine fully believing in your true potential rather than holding back because of self-imposed limitations.
This week, prepare yourself to jump out of the self-imposed box and start creating your life from a much bigger space. What I know for sure is that staying in your comfort zone is only going to bring the same results. Stepping out of your comfort zone will transform your life! Here are some steps to take to get started.
1. Make a List of the Limits You Place on Yourself
Once you bring your awareness to the boundaries you’ve built, you can decide to make different decisions that align with what you really want. You no longer need to tell yourself “I can’t.” Saying “I can’t” and believing it – is simply a choice. How would your life be different if you believed you could?
Become inspired and open to all possibilities for recreating your life.
2. Change Your Beliefs
Ask yourself whether you are truly limited in the way you previously thought. Why would you believe you are limited? What could you do without these limits?
Replace your negative, false beliefs with true and empowering ones.
3. Improve Your Self-Image
Start seeing yourself as the highest and best version of you. Ask your highest self for daily guidance and listen to your intuition. By listening to your highest self, you start to develop a higher level of confidence.
What would your best and most confident self say to those limitations?
4. Have a Positive Expectation
Expect the best with complete certainty. When you free yourself of limitations, you create space to fully see and believe in all that you’re capable of doing and being. Positively expect amazing outcomes. When you let go of self-imposed limits, you naturally release worry and need for perfection. You become present in the moment.
You were born to succeed and that is the beautiful truth. Now, fully expect it with certainty!
© Karen Fagan is an international empowerment coach, motivational speaker and writer. Her mission is to empower women, teach them to live on purpose and achieve amazing results in their life. Karen believes when a woman claims her voice not only does she transform her life, she makes better decisions for herself, her family and her business.
Karen is a Master Certified Life Coach. She has studied and trained with the best in the industry such as New York Times bestselling author Dr. Martha Beck, PhD. She believes in contributing to global change and donates a percentage of her program profits to women and girls philanthropy.
Karen Fagan, International, offers dynamic coaching programs and products. She will teach you to claim your personal power to transform your life, motivate and inspire you with her unique mix of wisdom, fun, warm-hearted humor and laser-focus.
Inspiring Resources for Women:
- Tapping for Miracles – Are you ready to experience miracles? To step into a new reality where miracles actually unfold for you every day? In the Tapping for Miracles Program you will transform in each class from old programming and negative vows to the vibration of excitement, anticipation and receiving. Your ability to ask for, receive, see and allow miracles will take you light-years beyond what you can achieve with just your will-power and hard work.
- How to Live Your Best Life: The Essential Guide for Creating and Achieving Your Life List – Discover how to create a life list brimming with your dreams, and how to achieve it, step-by-simple-step. This guide is divided into 30 chapters full of helpful tools, proven strategies, case studies, and easy-to-apply techniques. In the addition, the ebook contains 35 exercises which will engage both your left and right brain hemispheres. By completing these exercises you’ll be designing, and then building, your ideal life blueprint.
- Amazing Self: Personal Development Blueprint – Looking for greater success in health, love, relationships, and making money? Amazing Self has assembled a team of renaissance people with expertise in every area of life: dating and relationship coaches, health and fitness experts, wealth creation gurus, self made millionaires, marriage counselors, self-improvement authors, life coaches, plus regular guest interviews from industry-leading experts.
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!