Many women are not even aware that cigarette smoking is bad for health. Cigarettes do not make any distinctions in their ill effects – they are dangerous both to women’s and men’s health. However, you should know that smoking may have more harmful effects on a woman’s health than on a man.
A woman is capable of bearing a child in her womb. However, with unhealthy habits, a woman may also unknowingly inflict damage to the child in her womb. Smokers’ babies are at increased risk of developing asthma and other respiratory problems as well as becoming more prone to cot death. This is one of the primary reasons why women need to stop smoking.
Women who smoke are also more prone to several health issues like vaginal bleeding, heart attacks, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases. This risk increases further for women who use oral contraceptives. Studies show that women who smoke are more prone to having lung cancer as compared to those who do not smoke.
Health Effects Of Smoking In Women
• Higher risk of cervical cancer
• Higher risk of stroke
• Higher risk of osteoporosis
• Higher risk of infertility
• Higher risk of developing throat and mouth cancer
• Speeds up the ageing process and causes early menopause
• Increases skin damage and wrinkles
• Increases risk of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
Cultural Views Of Women Smoking
Besides the harmful health effects of smoking, there are other issues that women smokers face, especially in Indian society. If you’re a young girl who intends to get married in the future, you need to know that being a smoker will brand you as a woman who is not “marriage material”.
This is true anywhere in the world, because when men get married, they need to know that their mate will be a good mother to their kids. No matter how chauvinistic it sounds, a mother who smokes is doing more harm to her children than a father who does the same. So before you take your first puff and get hooked, consider what this habit will do to your marriage prospects.
Tips To Quit Smoking
When women become addicted to nicotine, it is more difficult for them to eliminate it from their bodies as opposed to males. Because of this, they have to try harder to avoid getting addicted. But if they are already dependent on cigarettes, they need to ask for help and take supplements or use “quit smoking” programs designed to release them from the addiction.
If you’re a woman who smokes and are desperate to quit smoking, your first step to becoming a non-smoker is to understand all the possible ways in which your habit is harming you. You may have to avoid being around people who smoke to avoid the temptation of taking “just one puff”. You may have to even avoid going to shops that sell cigarettes.
If you start taking baby steps to quit your habit, enlist the help of family and friends, and condition your mind to deal with the inevitable cravings you’ll be on the right track.
If this does not work, ask your doctor for assistance. There are prescription drugs that can help with addiction. Just make sure that you have consulted your doctor before buying these medicines and that they are approved medications.
May be reproduced with attribution to www.naaree.com
Quit Smoking Aids:
- Quit Smoking Today – Quit the butt without the use of pills, patches, gum, or sprays, using a solution with a 98% success rate. The most revolutionary recording designed to help you quit smoking of all time. Thousands have quit smoking in less than an hour using this simple to use program. All you have to do it download the file onto your MP3 player or CD and you’ll be on your way to a smoke free future. Kick The habit for good in just 38 minutes & 13 seconds, guaranteed, without will power, spending thousands, or any effort on your part.
- Quit Smoking With EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) – Release the hold that smoking has on your life with the help of EFT. Emotional Freedom Technique is fast becoming the world’s leading tool to release the negative emotions and limiting beliefs in our subconscious minds, such as the belief “I cannot quit cigarettes”. EFT Scripts release the cravings and negative emotions which prevent you from quitting cigarettes. It can remove the fear of cravings, the fear of weight gain and the pain of withdrawal. Break free from all the worry and the emotional turmoil of giving up cigarettes, regain your health whilst you actually enjoy quitting with EFT.
- Stop Smoking Self-Hypnosis Audio Download with eBook – If you seriously want to quit, but haven’t yet found a stop smoking solution that actually works, download this hypnosis CD and let it automatically stop you from smoking. Let this “doctor recommended” certified hypnotist help you immediately, with his proven methods. You get an instant stop smoking MP3 audio utilizing self-hypnosis by a successful hypnotist and a bonus ebook explaining how to get the most from the audio.
Photo source marigroth
Powered by Facebook Comments