“Personality is the supreme realization of the innate idiosyncrasy of a living being. It is an act of high courage flung in the face of life, the absolute affirmation of all that constitutes the individual, the most successful adaptation to the universal condition of existence, coupled with the greatest possible freedom for self-determination.” ~ Carl Gustav Jung
In this competitive world, women need to carve their individuality in their own unique way, i.e., by choosing a career that matches their personality. No woman can find happiness in something that she is forced to do.
It is extremely important that your career matches your personality to ensure job satisfaction. Nowadays, recruiting companies often use personality assessment tests to evaluate the performance of an individual.
How Personality & Career Assessment Tests Work
They analyze what kind of a person you are – an introvert or a person who loves being with kids or an out-and-out social animal? Once, you have analyzed what category you fall in, they help you choose the best careers that match your personality.
If you are an INTROVERT
Introverts are often labeled as ‘loners’, but in reality they are idealistic dreamers. Here are some professions that suit the introverted personality type.
• Writer: The best way to convey the words that you cannot speak out loud is to pen them down. The one advantage that a writer has, is the power to reach out to so many, without imposing someone to read your thoughts
• Singers & Dancers: It would surprise you to know that many singers and dancers are introverts; it is their idealistic ‘big picture’ dreams that make them throw themselves out of their cocoons and onto the stage.
• Veterinarian/Zoologist: Many of us prefer the company of animals instead of people. For animal lovers, this seems like a good career option.
• Painter/Sculptor/Exhibitionist: Introverts tend to speak less; hence, they look for other mediums such as painting and sculpting to express themselves. If you don’t have artistic talents, you can still become an exhibitionist.
Some other career options that suit the introverted personality are:
• Computer Systems Analyst
• Accountant or Auditor
• Database Administrator
• Technical Writer
If you’re an EXTROVERT
They are far more complicated than what the rest of the world realizes. They have the great skill of being manipulative and ‘people persons’, which can work wonders in their lives. Here are some professions that suit the extroverted personality type.
• Personal Chefs & Trainers: In this fast-paced life, professionals of all types are turning to Personal Chefs & Trainers for personalized meals and routines that fit their lifestyle. Celebrities and sports bigwigs usually look out for the best.
• Fashion Stylist: This is supposedly the ‘in-thing’ now. Every professional likes to look good both at work and leisure. If you have a great sense of fashion then this is supposedly the right career option.
• Interior Designer: If you’re the kind of person who can look transform a blank space into a work of art, then a career as an interior designer could be your destiny. It is perfect for someone who can work with a client and help turn a vision into reality.
• Public Relations (PR): The nature of this job demands you to maintain a good rapport of the company you are working in along with the clientele, media, community or the society.
• Sales Managers: Representing the company, advice customers, advice dealers and distributors, ensure functional effectiveness of business.
If you’re a CREATIVE PERSON
You can definitely carve out a niche for yourself through your innate talents and creativity and make a profession, whether it is in the field of art, music, computers.
• Computer Specialist, Information Technology (IT): Today, the world of computers is more and more performance oriented; specialists are needed to come up with these solutions. They express new program ideas, fix older problems, and communicate these solutions to people who may be a little less experienced in these areas. Creative solutions that are cost effective and possible are an IT’s specialty.
• Film Director: If you have a taste for film making and an eye for detail and creative drama, then this creative career is what you should choose. The creative approach of taking the written work and making it presentable on stage/screen is the challenge of this profound career.
• Photographer: A photograph is more than just a picture. It is a form of art that captures the ‘past’ or an intense form of beauty. It says something without words. A photographer uses his/her creativity to enhance the beauty of nature.
• Graphic Designer: Graphic designing, whether it is for a website or a company, is a growing field.
• Curator: If you have an ‘eye for art’, this indeed is a very good career option, which requires you to take care of the artifact.
If you are a person with SOCIAL INCLINATIONS
If you are a person who has a strong inclination towards Social Causes, there are many options ahead in the form of careers. As a Social worker, you could help clients function the best way they can in their environments.
• Child, Family and School Social Workers: They specialize in providing social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families. Support to senior citizens also falls under this category.
• Medical and Public Health Social Workers: They provide psychosocial support to those affected by chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. They work with patients, families, and caregivers.
• Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers: They work with people who have mental illness or substance abuse problem. Services they provide include individual and group therapy, outreach, crisis intervention, social rehabilitation, and training in skills of everyday living.
• Social Work Planners and Policymakers: They develop programs to address such issues as child abuse, homelessness, substance abuse, poverty and violence.
These are only a few of the options that you can choose, depending on your personality type, but indeed you are the best judge for yourself.
Work is something you do all day, and for most of your life. It is essential that you be completely contented with your work and need to, not only find a career doing what you enjoy, but also need to find a career that suits your personality.
Powered by Facebook Comments