Master Of Ceremonies Tips: How To Spice Up Your Emcee Script
- Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 14:52
- Career Tips, Career Women, Careers, Entertainment, Success
- Add a comment
An Emcee friend posted a question on our Facebook page, about where she could find tips to find materials for emcee scripts.
While there are a lot of very useful coaching materials for speakers online, it takes a little effort to come up with ideas to spice up your Emcee script and be the master entertainer you are.
1. Everyday Life
Believe it or not, but daily life is one of the best places to pick up ideas for a speech. The skills you require for this are keen powers of observation and the ability to put a funny or profound spin on events, depending on who your audience is.
Many great comedians and emcees use daily life events with their family and friends and turn it into their funniest material. Not only can your audience relate to how you went to sleep pissed off at your wife and your Chihuahua did the actual job for you (thanks Jeff Dunham), but the source of your material is all free.
Of course, if you plan to make your family the butt of your jokes just make sure you check with them first.
2. Current Events
Reading the newspapers, tabloids or watching television can give you some great ideas for scripts. Comedians like Jay Leno use them as fodder for an entire section on their show. And throwing in a snippet of news with a funny spin helps keep your script fresh and newsy.
3. YouTube Videos
YouTube is a source of great entertainment, amusement and fun for millions of people. You can use it to check out the trending videos there to see what people are watching, watch videos of emcees and comedians in action online, or just browse through the vast variety of material to find amazing ideas to help you connect with your audience.
4. Funny Quote Sites
The internet is a vast and rich source of sites offering quotes, jokes and all sorts of materials for free. Just type “funny quotes” or “funny jokes” into Google and you’ll get a wealth of information in for all occasions and audiences. Here are some of our favourite sources for funnies you can use in your emcee script.
5. Email Forwards
Remember those unsolicited email forwards that your friends keep spamming you with? Some of them are funny and some are just plain irritating, but all of them are a good way to keep your finger on the pulse of what people are thinking about.
The next time you get a funny email from your friends, don’t delete it. Copy and paste the funny part into a document on your desktop and use that as a swipe file the next time you need ideas for your script.
This article may be reprinted with a live link back to www.naaree.com
- FREE eBook from Speakers Coach – “Everything you have ever wanted to know about what an MC does, but didn’t know who to ask”. Valued at $47, yours right now for FREE. Learn public speaking coaching and presentation skills training that guarantee your income.
- Subscribe to SpeakerNet News and get a copy of their special report “51 Best Marketing Tips from speakers, trainers, and consultants around the world”. They also offer an electronic booklet, “How to Be a Great Emcee”, and a program, “Add to Your Speaking Revenue as a Professional Emcee”.
- You Can Be A Wedding Emcee – Find the best wedding MC tips and emcee jokes to make great wedding speeches. Discover how you can be the most confident, funny and relaxed wedding MC, even if you’ve never done it before. The complete guide for anyone who has been asked to MC a wedding and needs to know exactly what to do to look good and sound great. This guide has everything the wedding emcee requires to ensure the reception runs like clockwork.
Photo source flickr
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!