Second Careers For Women: Good Jobs For Women Over 40
- Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 12:02
- Career Tips, Career Women, Careers, Women's Interests, Working Women
- 1 comment
If you’re a woman over 40 with kids in college and all the extra time on your hands, perhaps you’re thinking of giving your career a second chance. Here are some career options for women over 40.
Jobs for women are aplenty in recent times and women have as much a chance as men when vying for any kind of job, although there are a few exceptions when the physical attributes of men are more suited for a particular job.
On the other hand, all jobs are not so easily available for women over 40, unless they have specific skills and proven expertise in their chosen line of profession.
Although it does get a little difficult for women to continue working full time, at the same pace as they used to, as they get older, there are quite a few jobs that are well suited for women over 40, depending on the kind of experience and expertise they have.
Although it is a little scary to venture into a new profession at this age, there are some jobs that women can be trained on, to enable them to have a job of their choice and realize their potential. Some jobs that would be more ideal for women over 40 are:
- Administrative Positions In Education
The Education sector has many positions that can be held by women over 40 like Assistant Principal, Principal, Dean, Director, etc. These jobs would be ideal for women with an education background who also have good managerial and administrative skills.
Women could also get trained in providing day care or education to pre-school children and then either work for or own a day care centre or pre-school education centre.
- Senior Accounting Positions
Women who have the experience and expertise in Accounting can easily continue to hold such jobs in any industry, especially those related to yearly audits, or providing financial planning consultancy, etc. where they may work as per the schedule most suited to them.
- Public Relations Jobs
Women who have good communication skills, a way of dealing with sticky situation and the ability to maintain good relations with people in spite of any crisis can easily get jobs in the public relations sector of any firm.
It helps if you already have a network of contacts that would be useful to the firm. This job requires the mature handling of people and situations that women over 40 are well equipped to provide.
- Copywriting And Content Writing Jobs
Writing is a wonderful way to express oneself and does not require any physical stress. Any woman over 40, who has a natural flair for writing, can get content writing jobs in various sectors.
There is tremendous scope in this field because of the number of websites available with constant need of content update, due to the popularity of computer usage for providing information and for advertisement of products and services.
- Yoga Instructor
If you’ve had fitness goals that you put on the backburner because of kids and family responsibilities, now is the best time to get back into your fitness routine and, if you’re passionate and good at it, you can even make a full-time career of it.
Yoga trainers can get a job as a consultant with gyms, start workshops or classes for corporate or even start your own yoga classes. To be a good yoga teacher, passion, determination and the ability to coach others is more important than experience.
These are just a few jobs that would be relevant to women over 40. There are many more such jobs that are available to women without any restrictions because of age, which means that, there is now no need for any woman over 40 to be without a job.
All you need to do is be brave and not let your fears prevent you from doing what your heart desires to start a new career that gives you joy and success in mid-life.
This article may be reprinted with a live link back to www.naaree.com
Career Resources for Women:
- Real Writing Jobs – Get paid for writing short articles. We’re hiring blog posters, proofreaders. Thousands of people online are discovering how doing simple writing jobs from home can be so profitable. See how they’re doing it by signing up now.
- Start Your Own Daycare – Discover the quick and easy steps of starting a daycare service from home. Whether you want to spend more time with your children, or make more money from home, these techniques will show you how to start a daycare without making costly mistakes.
- Yoga Teacher Training: Camp-in-a-Box Gold (Level 1) – 250 hours at an extremely affordable price. Explore the benefits of becoming a Certified Yoga Instructor, without costly lodging and travel expenses. This is the most comprehensive online, Level 1, Yoga Certification course in the world.
Photo source arinas74
One Comment on “Second Careers For Women: Good Jobs For Women Over 40”
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!