Many things change in the course of a year. Around one trillion of our body cells are replaced by new ones. I count it as nature’s way of telling us about the importance of a positive change, no matter how insignificant it might be.
If our bodies can start afresh, then why can’t we make some resolutions to transform ourselves into better human beings. While moving ahead in the New Year, try these 5 tips to achieve perfect health.
- Go easy on the booze
Every year we decide to drink less but near the holidays and festivities, we tend to forget our resolutions. While rejoicing its hard to keep a check on how much we are drinking especially when we are having a great time with friends.
No one would ask you to quit drinking unless you have a serious drinking problem but monitoring the amount you take will help compare it with the recommended daily guidelines. Here are some more tips for compulsive drinkers.
• If you normally drink at home, get smaller glasses
• When you are out for a drink, order diluted drinks such as spritzers or white wine
• Read the label for alcohol strength so that you can keep a check on the amount you take
- Get in shape
It’s easy to make a decision for fitness but enacting upon it is the most challenging task ever. Fitness training is no child’s play. Sometimes, it means that you have to forgo unhealthy habits and commit to rigorous training.
This explains why 60 percent of the gym memberships are wasted by the end of the year. You can get in shape if you can stick to your workout routine.
• First of all, choose a sport you can really enjoy like zumba or aerobics
• Start off with shorter goals so that it’s easy to stay motivated
• Seek professional advice for tougher fitness goals so that you can be led in the right direction
- Sleep is vital
Everybody yearns to have a good night’s sleep because a warm and cozy bed is so inviting but if we have to watch our favorite television show, then are not so keen. A good night’s sleep at the right time can give you the desired benefits. The ideal solution is to establish a schedule.
• Go to bed at the same time every day and fix a time when you wake up in the morning
• It’s not possible to catch up on your lost weekday slumber by sleeping more on weekends, so avoid that.
• Turn off lights and any devices that are creating illumination because a calm and dark room is ideal for sound sleep
- Don’t give up
If you totally run out of motivation when it comes to keeping up with the committed resolutions, then don’t despair. Recommit to your goals and manage time to enact all your resolutions.
Think about your goals for the coming year and consider them individually through each day. You might fail to go for the workout one day but don’t let that affect the routine for the next day.
Stephanie Ingram is a blogger, writer and an enthusiast to spend her efforts and time in learning, applying and writing fitness articles, listening Zumba songs,health care and green living at fitnessrepublic.com. She has been passionate about learning and sharing the ways to improve fitness via fitness equipment like exercise ball, Aerobic Step and many more.
Powered by Facebook Comments