Top 10 Small Business Ideas For Enterprising Indian Women
- Monday, May 9, 2011, 11:15
- Business Women, Home Business, Self-Employed Women, Women Entrepreneurs, Women In Business, Women's Interests
- 2 comments
Setting up a business is a crucial phase in anyone’s life – more so in a woman’s. From the very outset, the journey is strife with challenges on the financial, logistic and domestic front.
However, entrepreneurial success brings a sense of deep satisfaction and achievement that comes after you are past the initial obstacles. Setting up a viable and profitable business venture with minimal capital is certainly possible and it is best to start out small.
Here’s a list of the top 10 small business ideas for Indian women.
If you think you know the market around you well and have an enviable network of contacts with professionals from diverse industries, go ahead and share the information with those who need it. Setting up a consultancy firm does not require much investment. You can turn your garage or a spare room into your office and start away.
This is usually the first thing that comes in any woman’s mind while thinking about small business ideas. And why should it not be? Even though there is no dearth of boutiques in an average city, the customer base of such stores is also increasing every day. Your boutique can house anything from clothes and accessories to home decoration items.
- Fitness Center (Gym)
This might take up a little more investment to set up but the returns are great. Gym equipment is somewhat expensive but it is a one-time investment. With everybody being fitness-conscious these days, you should not have to worry about your business being non-profitable. If you are a yoga expert or a trained aerobics trainer, you need not bother with any equipment.
Most women are talented in the kitchen and passionate about cooking. So why not apply you skills into your business venture? Start your own café or restaurant and do what you love the most- feeding people! You can also start a catering or take-away service too, using your culinary skills.
You can turn your love for children into a small scale business by opening a daycare center at your place. Women these days are finding it increasingly difficult to balance their work and home life. They would definitely appreciate a venture where they can leave their kids without worrying about their care and safety. Spending the day with chirpy kids can be fun and lucrative at the same time.
- Internet Business
Just like everything else, the Internet has changed the way we can think about earning money too. There are lots of ways to start earning online. You can put almost any of your skills to use and start freelancing on the Web. Niche blogs, interactive websites and e-stores generate a lot of revenue if marketed well.
- Beauty Parlor
This is one of those small business ideas that you just cannot go wrong with. With a little investment on training, quality products and basic equipment, you can turn your spare room to a cozy beauty salon.
- Gift Shop
You do not necessarily need prior experience to set up a gift shop business. Most of us know what to expect in a gift shop, and you can order things from a trusted dealer, accordingly. You can run up a search on the Internet about the latest gift items and build up your stock. There should be people lining up outside your store in no time!
- Interior Decoration Store
Most Indian women are expert in this niche. Stock up your shop with the things you would ideally decorate your house with, and capitalize on local arts and crafts.
- Pet Shop
Every second family has a pet animal these days and pet lovers are more than willing to splurge on accessories and fancy knick-knacks for their furred friends. Why not start a shop to cater to the needs of indulgent pet owners? Load up your store with doggie treats and other pet foods, accessories, clothes, houses (cages, kennels, etc.) and soon you will find yourself in great demand.
This article may be reprinted with a live link back to www.naaree.com
Business Ideas & Guides:
- Real Home Business Ideas for Moms – We teach Moms to work from home with their own home-based business online. Santa letter business, start a recipe or craft blog. Become a Virtual assistant (VA and admin work) or transcriptionist (typing). Be a work at home mom (WAHM) and make money online!
- How To Start Your Day Care Center – Have you ever dreamed of starting your own day care center? This comprehensive start-up guide kit contains all the necessary tools and strategies you need to successfully launch and grow your business. The kit also includes financial forms, example business letters and a complete business plan.
- Guide to Dog Breeding Business Ebook – Dog lovers, you can have fun raising puppies and provide additional income for your family at the same time! Discover the secrets to making money in the dog breeding business. You can make great money part time or full time breeding dogs and working at home. Discover the secrets to a responsible and profitable dog breeding business.