No matter what kind of job you have, business networking plays an essential role in shaping up your career or business. Networking is all about meeting new people and developing good and lasting, mutually-beneficial relationships with them.
The people you network with for your business should preferably have similar backgrounds and interests as you. That would give you more insight and exposure to the concerned field of work.
Benefits of Business Networking:
• Relevant business networking makes you get important referrals and leads easily.
• It boosts your sales base tremendously. You can diversify to related branches of your zone of work easily. For example, coming in professional contact with people from the Marketing division can help a website-owner very much. Those leads and contacts can be gainfully used to advertise the website more effectively and boost the traffic.
• Having contact with people of the same business community gives you a credible reputation in your own circle of friends and colleagues. Others will start respecting you as an influential person.
• Business networking with the right people can throw up some favorable opportunities for you in the future, which you would never have thought possible, otherwise. This is because your overall pool of information and resources increases as you increase your contact list.
Business Networking Tips For Success:
Business networking is a social responsibility in a way. It is a mutual relationship, where you cannot expect only to be helped and not to return back the same favor any time later. The more you extend a helpful hand, the more you can expect favors from others as well. The key is to create a good reputation for yourself.
• Network with people who have a helpful nature.
• You can do well in your business if you associate with people who have credible sources in their contact lists too. For example, if you are an architect and come in professional touch with another architect, you can hope to get more assignments if he or she has contacts with some owners of construction firms.
• It is essential to understand that business networking is not a relation you build just for completing a particular task in hand. You should always aim to create a long-lasting relationship because, you never know, when you might need the help of the same source again, in the future. So, even if an immediate need is fulfilled by the recent contact of yours, do keep in touch with your contacts from time to time.
• It is OK to act selflessly at times. You should never think, “Why should I help him if he has never done so himself?”, or, “What if I help him and he turns his back when I need a favor in return?”. Just go ahead and extend your helping hand whenever needed. You are bound to get help in return. The world is not as selfish as you think!
Business networking is not only a professional relationship within office colleagues, or friends with same professional background, but it can also be between you and your clients. In fact, building lasting relationships with your clients is of paramount importance if you want your business to grow and its reputation to increase, exponentially.
Business Networking Guides:
- LinkedInfluence: Grow Your Network & Net-Worth with LinkedIn – Looking for a measurable ROI for your social media efforts? LinkedIn is an active online business community of over 100 million members looking to connect, network and do business. Whether you’re a small business owner, entrepreneur or motivated professional, you need a simple, step-by-step blueprint for maximizing your results on LinkedIn. This course will show you how to harness the secrets of LinkedIn to attract high quality clients, drive targeted traffic to your site or land the career opportunity of your dreams. It’s your complete roadmap for harnessing the power of LinkedIn for all of your business and professional needs.
- Big Talk: Effortlessly Talk to Win Friends Anywhere With the Real You – The first and only course of its kind that shows you how to confidently and comfortably make friends with perfect strangers. Poor social skills make you end up as an annoying pest instead of a welcome guest. Life is about making connections, whether it’s to make friends, meet the love of your life, or get ahead at your job. Learn how to master your anxiety and shyness, approach strangers, start conversations, keep talking, make people like you, leave people feeling great, and more. You’ll be amazed how easy it is to break free from your shell.
Powered by Facebook Comments