You don’t have to skimp on the joys of pampering yourself on special occasions. Even with a busy schedule, you can simply set aside time to pamper, renew and recharge yourself on a regular basis.
Your skin is an honest mirror to your inner health, beauty and well-being. Use these homemade facial recipes and treatments to make your skin glow.
If you indulge in an unhealthy lifestyle, your skin is where it will shows up first. A wholesome diet and drinking plenty of water with an adequate dose of exercise will give your skin a healthy glow. Use natural, gentle ingredients such essential oils, cold pressed unscented oils and hydrosols to soothe and nourish your skin so it radiates a healthy, glowing complexion.
Consider your skin type while using facial treatments during your at home beauty regime. Facials consist of cleansing, toning and moisturizing. On occasion, you may add a gentle exfoliation and mask for luxurious pampering.
Step by Step Guide for “At Home Facials” with recipes:
- Start with cleansing your skin with a gentle cleanser. Give your self a light steam treatment to unclog the pores before facial. Use fingertips to move upwards in circular movements, gently stimulating the skin and removing excess oil and grime. Rinse with warm water and pat excess moisture with a soft towel.
- After your cleansing routine, tone the skin to ensure its pH balance. Apply the toner with a soft cotton pad. Avoid rubbing and stay clear of the sensitive area around the eyes. Saturate the pad and pat it over the face and neck area. Apple cider vinegar is the best toner to ensure an optimal pH balance for the skin.
- Now your skin is ready to be moisturized with a host of soothing ingredients. To seal in moisture, apply oil using patting motions when the skin is damp from applying the toner. For oily areas, apply once. For dry areas apply twice with an interval of 2 to 3 minutes between applications. Moisten your skin with water or toner in-between applications to seal in the moisture.
Home Made Recipes For Cleansing, Toning And Moisturizing
- For a rose cream cleanser, combine 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp rose hydrosol and 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil. Stir well and apply to face and neck areas. Note – this cleanser should be used within 2 days.
- Tone your skin with 1 cup distilled water, 1 tbsp dried green tea leaves, 1tbsp dried chamomile flowers, 1 tbsp rose hydrosol, 1 tbsp Aloe Vera gel and 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Heat the distilled water until boiling. Remove from heat and add green tea, chamomile flowers. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then strain. Add the remaining ingredients and stir and shake well. Store in clean bottle and use within 3 weeks.
- For aromatic moisturizing oil, combine 3 tbsp each of jojoba and rose hip seed oil, 2 drops each of rose, geranium and palmarose essential oils and 3 drops lavender essential oil. Stir well to combine all the ingredients and store in clear, clean bottle for use.