Do you want to become a beauty professional? It’s definitely a glamorous career and there’s a massive market for beauty services. As a beauty professional, you can work at a beauty parlour, take on a beauty franchise with a bigger brand or start your own beauty salon if you want to work from home.
There are many opportunities in beauty services and beauty therapist courses in India are in high demand. People who have been in the industry for longer gradually pick up skills in different beauty services.
It is not feasible to study all these courses at once, but here are the top beauty course categories in India in which you can complete a specialization that can promptly open up opportunities for you.
- Skincare courses – Skincare and aesthetics professionals are in high demand for people who have problem skin, acne or other skin issues.
- Makeup artist courses – Everyone wants to make a positive first appearance which is why makeup artists are in high demand.
- Hairstylist courses – Women in India are proud of their hair and like it to look good, making this an evergreen course.
- Cosmetology courses – This sets the foundation for becoming a professional makeup artist
- Nail beauty and nail art courses – In high demand during holidays and weddings when people have to look glam with henna and nail polish art.
- Spa courses – Teaches massage and other physiotherapy techniques which are in high demand. Very good job prospects.
Because of high demand, competition is stiff as more people get into the beauty industry to get a piece of the pie. This means you have to get top-notch training to make a name for yourself in the market.
Here are the best institutes for beauty courses in India where you can join world-class beauty training courses that will give you a better chance of success in the massive beauty industry.
Top 5 Beauty Schools In India
This is one of the best beauty schools in India for hair stylists and make-up artists. The courses offered here include:
- Hair Dressing and Hair Styling Techniques
- Spa Therapies
Experts in the industry have compared the beauty training offered here as matching that in Europe and the US. The courses are in depth and take longer than in other schools, lasting 3 terms of 13 weeks each.
Some of the courses offered include:
- Drama makeup
- Hair styling
- Beauty makeup
According to the website, Shahnaz Husain is the pioneer of professional beauty training in India. She started her beauty training school nearly four decades ago, at a time when only apprenticeship training was available.
The Shahnaz Husain beauty training academy offers courses that equip the student with expertise in all aspects of beauty care. Their professional Diploma Courses, which comprises both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, keeps abreast with the international standards.
The Diploma Course also covers clinic and business management, as well as client handling. Students are given knowledge of sound salon management and the investments required to open one’s own salon, along with techniques of making the venture a profitable one. A minimum school leaving certificate is enough to start training in beauty.
Lakmé Lever operates India’s leading chain of beauty treatment & fashion – Lakmé Salon – that offers expert services in hairstyling, skin & beauty care, with a presence of over 260 salons across 60 plus cities.
Lakmé Academy powered by Aptech Limited – a global retail and corporate training solutions provider – is a partnership between two industry stalwarts with decades of experience in their respective fields.
Lakmé Academy offers courses in:
- Cosmetology (Advanced)
- Skin Care (Basic & Advanced)
- Hair Care (Basic, Advanced & Short-Term courses)
- Make-Up (Basic, Advanced & Short-Term courses)
- Personal Grooming
This beauty institute has been associated with Bollywood celebs like Danny Boyle and Zoya Akhtar. It offers both short and long beauty courses including;
- 8 Week Pro Makeup Course
- 3 Week Fashion & Beauty Course
- 2 Hours Non-Pro Makeup Course
- 1 Week Intro Makeup Course
Online Beauty Courses In India
Danessa Myricks brings the incredible techniques of Face Contouring and Fundamental Beauty together in this comprehensive course, which includes extensive Step-by-Step Demonstrations on how to contour your face while working with various skin tones and face shapes.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to sculpt and reshape faces
- Create flawless, natural finishes on the skin
- Use tone and texture to enhance features or diminish imperfection
- You will learn how to choose the perfect foundation tones for your client
- You will learn how to select and use contouring brushes and how to use powders when contouring
This face contouring course provides information on how to select the right tools and build a solid contouring kit and Danessa makes the principles of contouring and fundamental beauty dynamic and engaging with Quick Tips, Before and After Images and Excerpts from her Power of Contouring Book.
There are plenty of opportunities in the Indian beauty industry for any professionally trained person. Pick a good course at a good school and you will open many doors.
Powered by Facebook Comments