Want the ultimate travel essentials checklist? Dive into this list of work and travel essentials that every businesswoman should carry in her bag.
At the turn of the century, more and more women are coming to the forefront of entrepreneurship. With these responsibilities, there comes a need for travelling to different cities and countries to crack deals or build partnerships.
Travelling for work can be fun. It offers one a chance to explore new cities, new cultures and meet new people. Business trips are an important learning experience, but at the same time, they can be overwhelming and hectic.
But no matter what, you never go home empty-handed. There’s always something to take back – maybe a souvenir, a life hack or more. If the trip were to last long, then you would probably have time to visit some popular destinations.
Short business trips have their own perks – they cost you less money and less time away from home. If you’re a frequent traveller, you’re probably used to the drill. But in case you want to make your business trips seamless – listen up!
Travelling to another city would require you to carry all the necessary items. Because without them it might be difficult to get by. If you’re in a dilemma about what to take and what to leave behind, let me help you.
Some people take the risk of leaving essentials behind as a compromise on travelling light. Well, you can avoid all that by packing just the absolute essentials using the ultimate travel essentials checklist.
The Ultimate Business Travel Essentials Guide For Women
Before you jump into the checklist, you might want to invest in a universal grid organizer like Grid-it. It helps you keep your essentials organized and in place so that every item comes in handy when needed.
The next time you’re on a trip, you don’t have to dig inside your bag to find that one thing you were looking for. You can buy a universal grid organizer for your trips from Amazon at amazing prices.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into this ultimate list of work and travel essentials that every businesswoman should carry in her travel essentials bag.
Travel Wardrobe Essentials
- Woman’s blazer (preferably black or darker shade)
- Work bottoms (Pant or skirt or slacks)
- Formal tops to go with the bottoms
- 1 sweater that coordinates with all the outfits
- 2 pairs of comfortable formal shoes
- 1 pair of jeans
- Undergarments for each day
- 1 casual top for off times
- 1 set of pyjamas
- 1 water-resistant jacket
- Scarf or stole
- Handkerchief (if needed)
Toiletries And Other Essentials
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Deodorant or perfume
- Period wear or personal hygiene products
- Contacts and lenses solution (if required)
- Glasses or spectacles
- Compact toiletry kit to keep all the essentials
- Eyeliner, shadow, mascara
- Face-powder, foundation, blush
- Lip gloss or balm or lighter shade of lipstick
Miscellaneous travel essentials
- Cash pouch
- Water bottle
- Power bank
- In-ear headphones for mobile
- Earplugs and eye mask
- Packing Cubes
- Laundry bag
- Documents and file
- A small handbag
- Mobile charger and laptop charger
- Chic jewellery
Ensure you pack travel size items for your trip. Take only the basic necessities. Most importantly, choose the right bag for your travel journey. Preferably a rolling bag with a provision to attach a tote bag. The key to travelling light is minimizing travel essentials and selecting the travel bag wisely.
Short business trips can be sudden or planned. Whichever it may be, you can always ensure your stay is smooth by planning accordingly.
If you require a hairdryer and an iron box during your visit, then book a hotel that offers these two. It is always better to book a hotel that has the basic necessities for a business traveller.
To save on travel time and to avoid traffic, try to book a hotel close to the location of your office or business.
Travel Hacks To Help You
- Remember to store high-resolution images of your passport, credit card, and driver’s license. Store everything in the cloud to be able to access it from anywhere.
- Check the forecast of the place you are visiting prior, for you could get an idea of what clothes you would need.
- Roll, don’t fold, your clothes.
- Carry a multipurpose jacket in case the weather takes a turn for the worse.
- To keep your clothes wrinkle-free, add tissue paper to them.
- Use shower caps to cover your shoes. It would keep them from dirtying your clothes.
- Want that collar crisp and nice? Keep a belt inside it.
- Bring your own empty water bottle, you can refill it later.
- Pack dryer sheets, it will prevent your clothes from smelling differently after the trip.
- Pro tip: If you have minor wrinkles on your clothes, just hang the clothes behind the bathroom door and turn on the hot water shower. The steam will remove the wrinkles.
Plan your travel essentials checklist:
Pack by the look. Try to club everything, choose a pair of shoes that match all your outfits. See what goes well or matches something. You can save on that extra space.
Carry-ons over luggage:
Invest in a professional backpack:
If you are getting a professional-looking backpack that can fit in your luggage. At the same time, it must be comfortable to carry around.
Travel lighter with every trip you take:
Make a conscious effort to take less stuff every time you travel. Aim at packing as compact as you can. Leave behind the things you didn’t use last time.
Cut down on things gradually and voila! You would be surprised to know how much lighter you can travel.
Travel insurance is essential:
If you experience the nightmare of being seriously ill or injured in a foreign country, the last thing you want is not having the support or financial means by which to get treated and flown home.
For that alone, travel insurance is worth every cent. Always book with a reputed company which has been designed by travellers for travellers, to cover your trip essentials.
And last, but not least – books:
Whether you love some good old in-flight reading or need life lessons on the go, you can always count on a few good books to provide some inspiration.
Books can help you relax after an exhausting business meeting or give you a new perspective and insights to bring new ideas to your work.
Here are a few suggestions you might find interesting:
This book will help you understand the importance of building good habits and the struggle one faces while getting there. Also talks about the power of bad habits and how to channelize the energy into building good ones.
When there’s a need to temporarily escape from reality and relax, read this book. It helps you remember what it was like to be a kid. This book reminds you to worry less and use your creative brain more.
If you’re in sales or marketing and want some aspects of life and business, then this would be a good read for you.
I hope you found this travel essentials checklist useful for planning your business trip. If you have more suggestions for travel essentials for women, please share them in the comments below.
Adela Adhya is all about the good and happy things in life. Gelato and craft-making aren’t her only skills, she also likes to write about things that leave an everlasting impact. She’s also a writer at GrabOn.
Disclosure: This blog contains affiliate links from the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon. in and affiliated sites.