How A Healthy Diet Can Balance Hormones Naturally In Women
- Friday, April 15, 2011, 21:22
- Diet Nutrition, Healing, Health and Fitness, Women's Interests
- Add a comment
Harsh chemical drugs to rectify hormonal imbalance can ravage the body with their side effects. A far healthier option is to restore hormonal balance by nourishing the female endocrine system and reproductive organs with a healthy diet, providing nutrients that facilitate holistic health and healing on a cellular level. Naturopath, Dr. Muneerah Kuraishi, shows how to regulate our hormones through proper diet and nutrition.
But if any hormone is slightly in excess or deficient, an imbalance occurs which can just throw the body out of gear, resulting in considerable physical and emotional distress.
In women, the hormones oestrogen and progesterone control and maintain the reproductive cycle. Oestrogen helps to mature the breast and genital organs whereas progesterone matures the uterus and regulates ovulation.
An imbalance of oestrogen or progesterone may cause low libido, poor breast health, menstrual disorders, uterine fibroids, weak bones and a host of psychological problems like unwanted anger, irritability, mood swings and anxiety.
Harsh chemical drugs to rectify hormonal imbalances may ravage the body with its side effects. We know that Hormonal Replacement Therapy (HRT) boosts the risk of breast cancer.
A far healthier option is to restore hormonal balance by nourishing the female endocrine system and reproductive organs with a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables, providing nutrients that facilitate holistic health and healing on a cellular level.
Dr. Muneerah Kuraishi is a naturopath who treats female hormonal imbalances through sensible diet control, with a healthy combination of cleansing and rejuvenating natural food recipes, and simple therapeutic yoga movements, which bring about a proper balance and rhythm of the delicate endocrine system.
Relief For Common Menstrual Disorders
Dr.Muneerah addresses the three most common menstrual disorders:
· Excess menstruation: Dysmenorrhea
· Less menstruation: Menorrhea
· Absence of menstruation: Amenorrhea
According to Dr. Muneerah, to avoid these menstrual disorders one needs to drink a glass hot water mixed with juice of one lemon and one teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with one tablespoon of pure honey and take it twice a day from two days prior to the commencement of the menstrual cycle.
During menstruation this needs to be taken four times a day. This combination helps to ease the initial pain and discomfort of menstruation and also helps to cleanse the uterus and fallopian tubes. In a few months, it helps to regulate any abnormalities in the monthly cycle.
Scanty menstruation may be caused by a deficiency of vitamin B, vitamin C and potassium. Hyperacidity and flatulence also hampers a steady menstrual flow, causing unwanted pain and discomfort.
300 ml of orange, sweet lime, muskmelon or watermelon juices, with a table spoon of honey, flavoured with tulsi, ginger and mint leaves gives prompt relief, if taken twice a day.
The absence of periods, or amenorrhea, may be of two types. Primary amenorrhea is mainly due to genetic factors. Secondary amenorrhea is caused by illness, shock and stress. Natural therapies like steam baths, acupressure and hydrotherapy can treat this with long lasting results.
To prevent symptoms of PMS, Dr. Munnerah recommends deep breathing thrice a day, in vajrasana pose.
· Avoid coffee, drugs and alcohol.
· Increase your intake of raw fruits and vegetables, soups and juices.
· Have light and nutritious meals instead of heavy meals.
· Maintain constant blood glucose levels with a balanced diet.
· Take iron and calcium supplements daily.
· Simple naturopathic treatments, like hip bath, mud pack, cold fomentation, can be taken twice daily
Preventing Endometriosis, Fibroids And Ovarian Cysts
Dr. Muneerah has some handy tips to prevent endometriosis, fibroids and ovarian cysts. Avoid sugar, coffee, drugs and alcohol. Light and nutritious meals should be eaten instead. Raw fruits and vegetables, soups and juices are excellent.
She believes in the health-promoting benefits of vegetable soups. Combine carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, beet, pumpkin, drumstick, fenugreek, dill, green grams, radish, ash gourd, bitter gourd, tomato and spinach. For flavour use garlic, ginger, and white onions.
Relief From Menopause Symptoms
For menopausal women, Dr. Muneerah advises a vaginal douche to facilitate the cleansing and lubrication of the vagina. A simple home douche may be prepared in lukewarm water, with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. This will prevent itchiness and dryness of the vagina.
Her recommendation for natural hormone replacement is a diet of soya milk, soya beans, tofu, chick peas, beans, lentils, alfalfa, apples, barley, carrots, cherries, fresh beans, garlic, oats, peas, pomegranate, sesame, wheat, nuts and cloves. Substitute normal (black) tea with green tea, lemon grass, parsley and fennel, mint, basil, cinnamon, cloves, fresh ginger and pure honey as a natural sweetener.
To prevent osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis, she recommends two tablespoons of black sesame seeds, slightly heated on a frying pan, and taken twice a day. Consume low fat dairy products, fibre, copper, iron, and vitamin and mineral rich fruits and vegetables. Avoid non-vegetarian dishes as much as possible.
For cleanliness and hygiene of the urino-genital tract, Dr.Muneerah has the following advice:
· Wear cotton inner wear that is regularly washed and ironed
· Avoid perfumes and deodorants on the skin
· Wash the genitals after intercourse
· Urinate after sexual intercourse to prevent infection
· Wash the pelvis, navel and adjoining areas with five litres of cold water
· Trim pubic hair before the monthly cycle
Super-Nutrition For Hormonal Balance
Dr. Muneerah recommends this super-nutritive diet to prevent menstrual abnormalities and symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
Triphala: 6 grams per day twice a day with lukewarm water
Aloe Vera: 30 ml pure gel twice daily
Mumra Almonds: 5 pieces a day
Walnuts: 2 to 4 with 150 ml orange juice once daily
Sesame seeds: 2 tablespoon twice daily
Honey: 2 to 3 tablespoon in juices. or just plain
Peanuts: 50 gms roasted or boiled eaten as snacks
Cashew nuts: 5 to 6 unsalted eaten as snacks
Kelp: 2 to 4 tablets twice daily with water
Ginger: 20 ml juice twice daily with juices or tea
Garlic: 2 to 4 finely chopped in salads.
Ginger and garlic are essential for the toning of the uterus and are good for the reproductive system.
© Copyright Naaree.com
Thia article may be reprinted with a live link back to www.naaree.com
Women’s Health and Wellness Resources:
- NaturaPause™: The Natural Hormone Solution For Men And Women – When your hormones are out-of-balance, your life is tossed into hopelessness, confusion and depression. Join the millions who are finally experiencing relief from hormone hell using this safe and natural solution. Get rid of the hellish symptoms of perimenopause, menopause or andropause once and for all. Heal the root of the problem — your adrenal glands and toxic system — so your body can restore itself to health and vigor, just like it was designed to do.
- How To Conquer Menopause: Secret Natural Alternative Solutions To Menopause Revealed – What if you could learn how to easily eliminate menopause symptoms through all 3 stages including peri-menopause, menopause and post-menopause and do it without taking traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT)? discover how women like you can use alternative natural therapies to eliminate menopause symptoms and avoid taking HRT. Download a FREE Bioidentical Hormone E-Book and Audio Interview with T.S. Wiley.
- Yoga Power: Enriching Your Mind, Body and Soul With The Power Of Yoga – Discover the physical and emotional benefits of Yoga with these three guides that cover every aspect of the yoga lifestyle, including relaxation, exercise, breathing, and meditation. Experience the health, energy, and vibrancy that yoga can bring into your life.
Powered by Facebook Comments
Write a Comment
Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!