Want to do a beautician course in India? Learn about the best cosmetology courses and beauty schools and start a world-class beautician career in India.
Do you dream of becoming a beautician or cosmetologist? You should do a beautician course in India. It’s definitely a glamorous career and there’s a massive market for trained beauty professionals.
As a beautician, you could work as a beauty consultant, run your own hair and beauty salon or beauty supply store, or become the employee of an existing beauty salon or store.
If you do a certified cosmetologist or beautician course, you could even take on a beauty franchise with a bigger brand or start your own salon at-home business.
Free Online Courses For Beauticians
Learn about the best online cosmetology and beautician courses and start a world-class beautician career. Join free online beauty courses in the Glow & Lovely Careers Community to help you succeed in your dream career in beauty and wellness.
You’ll get access to free online courses on the following topics and more in the GAL Careers Community:
- Assistant Beauty Therapist Course
- English for Beauty and Wellness
- Social Etiquette
Should You Attend A Beauty Or Cosmetology School?
You may find it easier to land a job or start your own beauty salon business if you’ve taken a beautician course at a reputed cosmetology school.
You can join a well-known beauty academy that offers a wide range of beauty and cosmetology courses, like classes for hair care, nail care, and so forth.
You’ll usually receive a Certificate in Cosmetology, which is equivalent to a degree or diploma, from a recognised beauty and cosmetology school in India.
But first, ask yourself these questions to decide whether or not a beautician course or cosmetology career is right for you.
1. Do I want to be a beautician or cosmetologist?
One important question to ask yourself is what you want your career to be like in the future. You may want to work as a beautician or cosmetologist now, but do you still want to be doing that in ten years?
If you’re interested in having a long-term career in the fashion and beauty industry, it may be well worth it for you to do a beautician course at a beauty or cosmetology school.
2. Is there a beautician or cosmetology school near me?
Location is another question that you want to ask yourself when deciding if beautician school is right for you. If you’re unwilling to relocate to another area, ask yourself, “Is there a cosmetology school near me?”
If there isn’t, you may be unable to do the beautician courses and training that you were hoping for. Or you can choose to take cosmetology courses online instead.
Although you may not get a degree or a certificate of completion in Cosmetology, you’ll walk away with some valuable training that may you help achieve your beauty career dreams.
3. Can I afford a beauty or cosmetology school education?
Can you afford to attend cosmetology school is another question that you should ask yourself. Beauty schools are not always cheap, but at the same time, they aren’t too expensive either.
If you’re interested in walking away with a Cosmetology degree from a college or university, you should expect to pay normal college tuition fees.
The good news about this is that you often have access to grants, financial loans, and scholarships. If you’re on a budget, you may want to think about doing beautician training at a nearby establishment that offers beauty courses.
Having received a certificate of completion or a degree from a good cosmetology school will help you for years to come, especially if you are interested in a beauty-focused career.
Top Cosmetology & Beautician Course Specialisations
There are many opportunities in beauty services, and beauty therapist courses in India are in high demand. People who have been in the industry for long gradually pick up skills in different beauty specialisations.
It is not feasible to study all these beautician courses at once, but here are the top beauty course specialisations in India that can promptly open up a world of opportunities for you.
- Skincare courses: Skincare and aesthetics professionals are in high demand for people who have problem skin, acne or other skin issues.
- Makeup artist courses: Everyone wants to make a positive first appearance which is why makeup artists are in high demand.
- Hairstylist courses: Women in India are proud of their hair and like it to look good, making this an evergreen course.
- Cosmetology courses: This sets the foundation for becoming a professional makeup artist
- Nail beauty and nail art courses: In high demand during holidays and weddings when people have to look glam with henna and nail art.
- Spa courses: These courses teach massage and other physiotherapy techniques which are in high demand, and have very good job prospects.
Top 5 Beauty & Cosmetology Schools In India
Because of high demand, competition is stiff as many candidates are looking to get into the beauty industry. This means you must do a top-notch beautician course to make a name for yourself in the market.
Here’s a list of are the best beauty schools in India. At these beauty academies, you can join world-class beautician courses that will give you a better chance of success in the massive beauty industry.
1. VLCC Institute
VLCC institute started by Vandana Luthra is the best beauty academy in India for hairstylists and make-up artists. The courses offered here include:
- Hair Dressing and Hair Styling Techniques
- Spa Therapies
2. Pearl Academy
Experts in the industry have compared the beautician training offered at the Pearl Academy as matching that in Europe and the US. The courses are in-depth and take longer than in other beauty academies, lasting 3 terms of 13 weeks each.
Some of the courses offered include:
- Drama makeup
- Beauty makeup
3. Shahnaz Husain Beauty Academy
Shahnaz Husain is the pioneer of professional beautician training in India. She started her beauty training school nearly four decades ago, at a time when only apprenticeship training was available.
The Shahnaz Husain Beauty Academy offers beautician courses that equip the student with expertise in all aspects of beauty care.
Their professional Diploma Courses, which comprises both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, keeps abreast with international standards. The Diploma Course also covers clinic and business management, as well as client handling.
Students are given knowledge of sound salon management and the investments required to open one’s own salon, along with techniques of making the venture a profitable one. A minimum school leaving certificate is enough to start beautician training.
4. Lakmé Academy
Lakmé Lever operates India’s leading chain of beauty treatment and fashion – Lakmé Salon – that offers expert services in hairstyling, skin & beauty care, with a presence of over 260 salons across 60 plus cities.
Lakmé Academy, powered by Aptech Limited, is a partnership between two industry stalwarts with decades of experience in their respective fields.
Lakmé Academy offers courses in:
- Cosmetology (Advanced)
- Skin Care (Basic & Advanced)
- Hair Care (Basic, Advanced & Short-Term courses)
- Make-Up (Basic, Advanced & Short-Term courses)
- Personal Grooming
5. Fat Mu Pro Make-Up School
The Fat Mu Pro Make-Up School is a beauty institute associated with Bollywood celebs like Danny Boyle and Zoya Akhtar. It offers both short and long beautician courses including;
- 8 Week Pro Makeup Course
- 3 Week Fashion & Beauty Course
- 2 Hours Non-Pro Makeup Course
- 1 Week Intro Makeup Course
There are plenty of opportunities in the Indian beauty industry for a professionally trained beautician or cosmetologist. Choose the right beautician course at a reputed beauty school and you will open many doors in your beauty career.
- How To Start A Hair And Beauty Salon Business: 7 Beauty Parlour Setup Tips
- 5 Tips For A Safe Salon At Home Experience During COVID-19
- Best Salon At Home App For Safe Salon Services At Home
More beauty tips:
- What Cosmetic Surgery Can Do For You (And What It Can’t)
- Cosmetic Surgery Risks: Understanding The Potential Dangers And Harm
- How To Look 10 Years Younger Naturally And Without Surgery
- Vegan, Natural, Anti-Aging Skin Care Routine For Menopause
- How To Choose Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Brands In India
- 6 Natural Oils For Healthy And Glowing Skin
- Natural Remedies For Dark Circles And Puffy Eyes
- 8 Eco-Friendly, Green Beauty Tips For A Sustainable Beauty Routine
- Eco-Friendly Hair Removal: Which Method Is Best For You And The Planet?
- 5 Hair Spa Treatments For Hair Loss: Get Your Long Tresses Back
- Dry Skin In Summer? Rejuvenate Your Skin With 10 Tips For Glowing Skin In Summer
- Hormonal Acne Treatments: How Can Birth Control Help Acne?
- What Causes Hair Loss In Women And How To Prevent It